Apprentice Painter (AP)
Reports to: Crew Leader and/ Lead/ Project Manager
Conducts job site walk with Crew Leader or Lead Painter to understand job site activities and scope. Prepares work area including taping, masking, patching holes, sanding, and pressure washing as necessary. Utilizes quality standards and desired painting methods used by Bob Kunst Painting. Applies product(s) to various surfaces as directed by lead. Performs and maintains job site safety and participates in tailgate safety training. Establishes a good working relationship with the Crew Leader and team. Provides the highest quality of customer service while maintaining our core values of Service, Integrity and Value. Participates in ongoing training. Performs other duties as assigned.
About Our Company
Since 1958, Bob Kunst Painting has provided high-quality, long-lasting finishes for homeowners, property managers, contractors, and designers who demand the absolute highest quality service. By combining time-honored techniques from painters of the past with the best modern materials, our awesome team is second-to-none because they are encouraged to take pride and satisfaction in their work. Our customers love us because we are good people who happen to be painters.
- Perform Pre-job set up, verify all required tools and equipment are clean and ready for work.
- Perform painting techniques in an accurate, neat, and efficient manner while maintaining cleanliness and safety.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers, vendors, general contractors etc.
- Learn from the Crew Leader how to determine the best method to complete the job based on customer requirements.
- Learn how to conduct equipment check and ensure equipment is functioning.
- Learn how to verify materials and equipment.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies and SOP’s and safety requirements are adhered to.
- Accurately report all work time in the Workglue app.
- Participate with team to maintain and enforce job site safety; understand site safety plans and fall protection plans (where appropriate). Effectively Uses the Safety App.
Education / Certification
- Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this job.
- Must possess valid California driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Pass criminal background check (where appropriate)
- Relevant work experience in the construction industry, preferably in painting. This is a trainee/apprentice position; therefore, attitude and desire will be weighted more than or equal to experience.
Smartphone / Mobile Device
- Must have a smartphone to connect to Workglue mobile app and safety app.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert)
- Customer service concepts and techniques (B)
- BKP business and operations (B)
- Quality standard concepts and techniques (B)
- Communicate and follow instructions both verbally and in writing (B)
- Gain knowledge of each tool on required list and its use (B)
Skill and ability to
- High degree of trainability and desire to learn.
- Read and process written information and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Act upon verbal instruction and follow instructions to a high degree of accuracy.
- Work effectively in a construction site environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service.
- Ability to travel via automobile.
- Transport personal tools and required equipment to jobsite.
- Ability to lift, bend and carry 30-50 lbs. frequently.
- Ability to carry 1 to 2 five-gallon buckets of paint occasionally and tools frequently.
- Ability to walk, bend and stretch frequently.
- Ability to set up, climb ladders and scaffolding.